Let me share a quick and healthy recipe- Mushroom and Shrimp Noodles. I made it one afternoon, when I was looking for something new for my Li'l Champ's Lunch, which I could eat as well. So I found these fresh white button mushrooms and Frozen cooked shrimps in my fridge and out came this dish...
This is a family dish, which your toddler can eat as well with some variation in spice levels if required. Can be for Lunch, supper or dinner.
Serves: 2 Adults and 1 Toddler
Egg Noodles- 75 g
Water- 500 ml
Salt- 1/2 Tsp. or as per taste
Vegetable Oil/ Olive Oil- 1 Tsp.
Red Bell Pepper- 1/2 (diced)
Yellow Bell Pepper- 1/2 (diced)
White Button Mushrooms- 7-8 (finely chopped)
Onion- 1/2 Large (finely chopped)
Garlic- 2 cloves (finely chopped)
Cooked Shrimp (Frozen/ Fresh, de-tailed and de-veined)- 10-12 (diced)
Black Pepper- as per taste
1. Boil the Egg Noodles with water, salt and oil to al dante. Meanwhile, cut and chop vegetables.
2. Add the Bell Peppers, Mushrooms, Onion and Shrimp along with black pepper and let it simmer to your preferred consistency.
3. Serve with Garlic Bread or as it is.
Time Required: 20 minutes (preparation and cooking)
1. You can remove any ingredient you don't like.
2. May add more veggies like carrot, peas, broccoli or boiled and mashed egg.
3. Can substitute water with vegetable or chicken stock.
4. Can substitute Shrimp with fish, minced chicken or any other meat.
Hope you enjoy this with your family and let me know how it turns out!
Image Source: http://kidshealth.org
Follow on Twitter @nehasuradkar
You may also like to visit Kids Corner for links to related posts